So I had an AHA moment walking around Lidl’s this evening. I’m so tired of following other people’s meal plans and failing. I have the smarts (maybe). Or at the very least I have the resources. I should write my own meal plan and blog about it. I’ve tried starting a blog many, many, MANY times but this is the first time that I’m actually excited about something.
So as with any experiment, here’s the rules.
- I’m going veg. I will allow wiggle room and be one of those vegetarians that eats eggs and cheese. I can live with that.
- I usually focus on sundays (ergo sundaynoms) to try different recipes from Pinterest and my various cookbooks in some very complicated manner that will take too long to explain online. I’m going to follow my own meal plan based on recipes from cookbooks that I already own but never use and not just do it on Sunday.
- Sunday will still be cheat day and may occasionally contain meat. Only exception.
- My meals will consist of 3 300-350 calorie meals and one 200 calorie snack. Alcohol is limited. I will eat veg/vegan when I go out. No soda. No juice. 1 cup of coffee a day.
- No to just salads. Salads are boring. Plus with all the breakouts that we’ve been having with romaine, it’s safe to say that I won’t be eating salad for awhile.
- I shall post every Sunday night for my sundaynoms meal and at least once a week for my weekly meal plan and shopping list.
- I will occasionally post extra posts about my favorite shopping tools, my grocery store ramblings and other feelings about food.
- I’m not going to try just veg or vegan recipes. I’m going to try my hand at veggifying (it’s a word…) known carnivorous recipes (although I probably won’t go as far as barbecuing watermelon (Watch it!)
- Occasionally dessert happens….because life.
- It’s going to be great!
Now I’m so excited, I may not even wait until next year/ next month!
See ya soon!